To manage the Regional’s Sales employees in order to achieve and exceed sales
plans within specified budget. The Regional Manager will also recruit, hire, develop,
and retain the assigned Regional’s team. The Regional Manager provides input to
the Director regarding sales strategies and plans. The Regional Sales Manager
develops sales goals and objectives for each territory on a fiscal, quarterly, and
monthly basis, which achieve and exceed sales performance.
• Develop new customers including distributors, subdealers, hospitals, doctors, etc.
Maintain the relationship and boost sales.
• Physically able to travel around the country for meeting customers and boosting
• Ensure maximum sales coverage with resources available to achieve peak
performance; puts metrics in place to measure success over time.
• Provides feedback and evaluation of performance after sales calls, presentations,
etc., in order to improve technical and selling skills of sales people. Creates
development opportunities and assesses performance and skill growth over time
for each direct report.
• Ensure all field personnel are meeting or exceeding all objectives set including
both revenue based objectives and market development objectives. This includes
working strategically with each direct report to analyze and interpret the customer
needs of the territory.
• Recruit, interview, and hire talented field employees.
• Ensure that new sales staff receives appropriate orientation and training.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key account personnel within the
Regional in order to support selling, market development, service efforts and
• Provide performance and salary review of field personnel annually and submit
recommendations to appropriate management.
• Maintain sales data and records on each territory in order to understand market
trends, provide direction to employees, and communicate competitive data. Uses
strong business acumen and metrics to manage Regional and provide feedback to
• Interpret and explain business/marketing policies and programs to employees in
order to maintain consistency and responsiveness to customer needs, ensuring
that market and territory strategies are fully executed.
• Effectively control and monitor selling expenses for the Regional.
• Provide input to the Regional Sales Manager on sales strategies, promotions,
staffing needs, new product indications and product acceptance.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC
QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• Bachelor's degree in science or pharmacy.
• Masters degree in business administration from a reputed business school.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years successful medical device sales experience in world
• 2 years previous work experience having direct reports and managing a team of
product sales specialist -OR- 3 years' successful Sales experience as a Territory
Manager/Sr Territory Manager
• Demonstrated skills in business planning, consulting and territory financial
• Demonstrated success in a sales position as indicated by level of sales
performance against established objectives / goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills; team oriented;
conceptual/consultative sales skills. Experience coaching direct reports or peers
and providing candid feedback.
• Solid job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis.
Experience in identifying economic drivers to maximize performance.
• Strong data analysis, evaluation and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates effective understanding of profitability and can balance company
and customer goals.
• Coaching skills - demonstrated creative coaching for field personnel recognizing
different styles and types of motivation. Able to drive two-way communication to
motivate and build trust.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting
methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.